Thursday, July 9, 2009

A baffling (and probably simple) error in C?

I am compiling my int main, of which the top portion looks like this:


int main()


{


FILE *sourceFile;


sourceFile = fopen("biodata.dat", "r");





if(sourceFile == NULL)


{


printf("Invalid input file.");


system("PAUSE%26gt;NUL");


return 0;


}








int sizeget = 0;


fscanf(sizeget);


const int SIZE = sizeget;





char type[SIZE];


double sum = 0;


int count = 0;


double test = 0;


double temp[SIZE];


char date[12];





... etc etc....





}





Whenever I compile it, I get this error:





C:\Program Files\Miracle C\none.c: line 19: Parse Error, expecting `'}''


'int sizeget = 0'


aborting compile.








If I just insert a random } above it, I get this error message:





C:\Program Files\Miracle C\none.c: line 20: cannot redeclare function


'fscanf(sizeget)'


aborting compile








No idea what's going on... is there some glaring error in my code that I am missing? Any help is appreciated!

A baffling (and probably simple) error in C?
syntax fscanf





fscanf( sourcefile, "%d", %26amp;sizeget);





// hope this helps
Reply:Some compilers don't permit declaring variables in anywhere but immediately after an opening brace '{'.

online survey

No comments:

Post a Comment